July 31, 2008

{ Just a Girl }

My husband left yesterday to take 11 Boyscouts {my son being one of them} to hike Half Dome in Yosemite. He is my son's Scoutmaster and, boy, has he found his calling in life. He is a hiking, mountain biking, camping, anything outdoors kind of guy and has been looking forward to this hike from the day the idea formed in his head. Now I know there are fires threatening Yosemite, not to mention bears and the possibility that you can fall off of Half Dome pretty easily but, I'm not thinking about those things...not at all. I reminded my son before he left not to leave any food or food wrappers or food stains on his shirt or food crumbs inside his tent so that he wouldn't get dragged off by a bear so, I'm sure he will be fine. {I'm a little bit of a worrier, can you tell?}

My hubby took my...okay our...camera with him, which I hate because it's like cutting off a limb. Although, I would like a new one {camera, not limb} so maybe it will drop off the side of the mountain by accident {camera, not hubby}. Wow, was that a major side note or what? That's what happens when you type it as you think it.

Anywho...

Because my husband is out of town, I have lots of guilt free blogging time! And while catching up on Mrs. Jones blog I found the hilarious Chris and her blog Just a Girl. I'm telling you, people, {all 2 of you that read this} you must visit her blog.

She is so much fun! Is it a little wierd that I want to be her friend after just reading her blog? Maybe. Probably. But I laughed reading her stories. She has a beautiful home, a beautiful family and she loves a beautiful bargain. And, boy, does she find the bargains. Check out this, as she called it, "deal of the decade"...

It retails at Pottery Barn for $699 but, she found it for $77! I need to do some shopping with this gal so, I can find me some killer deals like that!

So, go check out her beautiful home, the gazillion great deals she's found and how she made a pizza with her daughter {not with her...with her}. Enjoy your day!

5 comments:

Chris said...

I cracked. up. at this post!! Since only "2" people read this blog, maybe we can ditch them, and the blog can be just for us. We can make fun of people and post stupid pictures--no one will know, because no one reads it, right? You really said some super nice things, and I thank you for devoting a post to little, old me. Consider it done--we are SO friends. :-)

Laurie Anne said...

Ben is a Webelo this year and he can't wait for the camping trips. I'm sure your "boys" are having a fantastic time.
:0)

Angie said...

heya Jamie,

hey ya got 3 people who read your blog now...woo hoo! lol! i was a girl scout leader for 4 years..and i loved it! we never encountered any bears..so think positive! my brother and his new wife tried to get those little birds for their wedding cake and they could never get a response from ann wood. they found a cute pair eventually from an etsy shop. i will have to check out those blogs..they sound like fun!

~Angie

Mary said...

I really like Just a Girl, too. Always does nice work...

Kasey said...

look, another that is reading your blog!
I'm here thru Beth's blog.
just lovely.....
kasey