August 7, 2009

{ Ahhh, Much Better }

For a long time now I have wanted to add baskets to my entertainment center. It was just too busy for me. If you know me, you know I like non-cluttered & mostly symmetrical decorating. Finding the baskets has been a little difficult. It's not too hard to find 4 of the same baskets that are the right color, size & shape but if you don't want them for cheap, well, let's just say it hasn't been easy.
But...I finally found them at JoAnn's for 50% off. They turned out to be $7.50 each. Still a little more than I wanted to spend, but not too bad.

Here's the after...
You're probably thinking, "I can hardly tell a difference". But to me...big difference! I am so happy with it. Very symmetrical & less cluttered feeling. I also think it brightens the whole area up a little.

4 comments:

Laurie Anne said...

Looks great. Bookcases can be hard. I remember hearing somewhere that you should one third books, one third 'stuff' and one third open. I have lots of boxes and baskets in my shelves as well :0)

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

I know exactly what you mean. I love the baskets! I'm all about symmetry and the uncluttered look. Love!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I love baskets and use them for everything. Yours look great. big difference.

Romana said...

I'm a symetry kinda girl too, so can totally appreciate the difference made here. The bottom baskets fit particularly well, well done :)