February 11, 2010

{ Sunshine }

I know there are many of you out there longing for some sunshine. We are seeing a bit of sunshine here today, but it is still cold { at least for So Cal }.


I finished the "art piece" for over my bed that I've been talking about. Unfortunately, I didn't like it there, but there was a big blank wall above our long dresser where it fits perfectly.


I chose this saying because when my husband & I were dating, he sang it one day & got the last line totally wrong. I thought it was so cute! So, to make me happy, he would sing it for me often. It kind of became "our song". Cheesy, huh? But, I love it! He still sings it to me {the wrong way} & the kids love singing it too. They all sing it the correct way except for one. Peanut sings that last line just like her daddy! No matter how hard she tries, she just can't do it. I'm glad she can carry on the tradition. I love it!

My hubby took this picture of me because I told him it reminded me of a photo we have of my dad when he painted signs while in the army. What do you think? Any family resemblance?


I've had a lot of questions about my bathroom makeover, especially about the paint. I am working on a post to answer the questions & will, hopefully, have it up tonmorrow.

4 comments:

Mamacita said...

I looooooove your sign!! And the picture of you and your dad. Love, Me

Chris said...

PLEASE tell me you cheated, and you used some kind of stencil or something. I refuse to believe that your hand can be so steady since mine can't! I love the sign!!!

April said...

Awesome Jam! I may have to copy the idea (again) I'm such a copier... Love the picture of Dad. Thanks for including it in the post.

Karli @ RockyBella said...

So great! I would love to hear more about how you did this, so I can copy. =)