May 28, 2010

{ Framed Chicken Wire }

I am so excited to show you my latest project!
I have needed a place to hang all of the announcements, invitations etc. that we get and knew I wanted to make a framed chicken wire display for it. Yesterday, I finally did it!

I gathered some old frames that were sitting under my bed gathering dust, took out the glass & matting and such, spray painted them all white & staple gunned the chicken wire onto the back. How's that for a quick tutorial. haha!
 
I grouped them together & hung them in the laundry room "pass through". I call it a pass through because you literally pass through it to get to the bathroom downstairs. I love how it turned out! I think the white frames against the white beadboard is awesome!

I did distress the edges a bit so there would be a little bit of contrast with all the white in there.
Isn't my niece so beautiful, by the way?!!! I can't believe she's graduating this week!
I have 4 nieces & 1 nephew graduating from highschool this year! Wow!

I also use it to display some of my favorite artists' work...Sadie Olive, noodle & lou, duda daze, Sarah Jane, etc. I love so many talented artists out there but I can't buy all of the art I would like to, so what I do is buy their smaller works of art such as postcards, trading cards, etc from their etsy shops. That way, I can enjoy all of them! And now I have a fun place to display them!

Oh, yeah! I almost forgot to mention that I used mini clothespins that I purchased from Michaels for hanging. Super cheap & cute!

Now, if you would like a real tutorial on how to make these, go here.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend!

5 comments:

Traci said...

Hey, they turned out super cute!

Cindy said...

Those are really, really cute! What a FUN idea. I may do something like that at the cabin...

Bobbi said...

Looks great, Jamie!

Sheri said...

Love um!
Sheri

Rita's Recipes said...

Hi, I just found your blog. Lots of great inspiration.
You have a new follower from MAY DAYS.
Cheers!
Rita