September 23, 2010

{ look what a little paint can do }

Here it is.... a $4 thrift shop find in it's original dirt and grime....

...and now it sits all pretty on top of my short bookshelf in the craft room!  It's good for holding little jars, paint brushes, and all our assortment of special markers and colored pencils along with some standard cardstock.  We are in this room daily (and even nightly sometimes like last night when we were finishing up my daughter's big school project until 10 pm--yuck!) so it is nice to have everything right on hand!

14 comments:

Holly said...

Holy cow! You certainly have an eye for finding treasures! I love it!

Jamie said...

Yay, Bob! It turned out awesome! I knew I should have gotten it. haha! Just kidding. Alan really would have killed me. It looks perfect on top of you bookshelf.

Connie said...

You sure scored on that awesome shelf, it is perfect for a craft room. Paint is a miracle worker.

Karilyn Carreon said...

I love it! I never have god luck finding thins when I go to the thrift stores!

Blessed Serendipity said...

The magic of paint - WOW!

-Danielle

April said...

Awesome Bob! It looks like it was made for that bookcase. Good job!

Robin Johnson said...

Wow! looks great and all that organization is making me light headed!

Traci said...

Yay, Bob... it turned out great!

meg duerksen said...

THAT rocks.
seriously....that is a total score!

Woman of Many Thoughts said...

I love paint transformations! I also love how you used the envelope sorters for sorting your pens! Now every time I go to the thrift store I will be looking for one of these. Wish me luck!

Deborah@Green Willow Pond said...

That was a fortunate find! Love all that storage space. It looks great!

CNM said...

Wow that is a stunning transformation!

Jenni said...

Oh my goodness! I just love what you did! What a difference from the before picture! :)

niartist said...

Hey! Just wanted to let you know that I'm having a pretty great giveaway on the blog I hope you'll stop by to enter! :) Talk soon, Artie :)