January 6, 2011

{ Goals for my Home }

First of all, thank you for your comments regarding my dinner dilemma. Every comment had some really good ideas! I appreciate you taking the time to give me some suggestions. I feel even more confident now that I will be able to figure out a way to overcome my dinner dilemmas.

I thought I'd finished writing my goals for 2011 until I read this post on Nesting Place. In a nutshell, she talked about having goals for your home. I'd never thought of this before, but thought it was a great idea and sat down with my husband and we made some goals for our home.

The Garden:

 We would like to {a} build up the garden boxes so they're taller & can hold more good soil and {b} install a drip system.

{these pictures were taken two years ago}

And {c} plant a glorious garden that will be completely successful. :)

The Dining Room:

I really want to add a dining hutch this big empty wall. See it up there? I've been collecting things to put in it for quite a while. I have it all envisioned in my brain, I just need to make the purchase. Oh, yeah, and save my pennies. :)

On the other side of the room, we just need a little bit of accessorizing on these two walls. But, it takes me a long time to decide what I like. I'm determined to get it done by the end of this year.

The Entry:

The other big area that I would like to get decorated this year is in our "entry".


This is the only place we have to put the piano & it's a big, player piano. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to decorate around this big sucker. The top is so large that little accessories get lost. I think I might have found some inspiration yesterday in this month's issue of Better Homes & Gardens, though, so my fingers are crossed that we can get this done this year too.

After all of that, I love what the Nester said..."Continue to be content living with imperfection".

So, now that you know a few of my home goals for 2011, do you have any? Go check out Nester's 2011 home goals and find others who are talking about theirs { including me :) }.

3 comments:

Heather said...

I have big blank walls in my home too and they are currentl driving me mad! I've always loved the look of plates on the wall and finally did it in my dining room and I really lOVE it. Plus the best part is that it's super cheap.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I think a big hutch would be so cool in your dining room. I wait to make decisions a lot too. :s What about a nice, big canvas with "homemade" art on it for over your piano? You could even lean it up against the wall....

I'm visiting from The Nester's Home Goals party. I hope you'll stop by my blog to say hi. :)

corners of my life said...

Your home is so beautiful. I love seeing your updates and changes.