February 6, 2011

{ Oops, Here's the Kitchen Before... And a Close up of the Island }

 Sorry, I realized that in my haste, I forgot to give you the back story and before picture of my kitchen. Here's the post before with the before picture of the kitchen in it's former not so much glory...

----------------

UGH! I couldn't sleep the other night, so I turned on HGTV to zone out. Candice Olsen's Top Ten Kitchens was on. (See where I'm going with this) Such pretty kitchens! As most of you know, I hate my kitchen cabinets, and I only agreed to get them because I figured I'd paint them. Then, it seemed like such an undertaking, I've been putting it off ever since. Well, Candice inspired me, so I decided to paint and glaze my cabinets this week. Now I'm up to my eyeballs in paint splatter and I'm nowhere near being done...I have 40 some odd doors and drawers to do!!! (I always seem to blog when I have something I don't want to do) I guess I better get back to it. Wish me luck, and I'll post pictures when I'm finished. Here's a before...


PS Did I mention we're having a dinner party for six couples on Friday night!!!! Nothing like a little pressure...

---------------

....Here is a close up of the kitchen island. I added beadboard and some boards to give it some character.



Finally here are a couple of more current pictures so you can see how things have evolved...

3 comments:

Autum said...

Wow! Just lovely. I love the trim you added around the bar. I'm thinking I need something like that for mine. Your table is beautiful too. Great job, quite an amazing transformation.
I do my best work under pressure and with a deadline too : )

Comeca Jones said...

Simply lovely

Unknown said...

LOVE, LOVE the island! Would you be willing to tell us how you did it?