June 18, 2011

{ Gift Wrap Idea }

Today is Saturday & I am sick!
I can't believe it!
It's a beautiful sunny day & I have an awful head cold.
Bummer!
But, I am up for a few moments to share with you a gift wrapping idea for Father's Day.
I was wrapping some gifts for a friend & I remembered this idea that I've had filed away for a long time.
It was so long ago that I apologize, but I don't know who to give credit to & I feel bad about that because I completely, 100% copied their idea.

Here it is...
I love how they turned out & because it is so simple & not too frilly, I think it's a perfect for men.

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend & that you're all ready for Father's Day tomorrow!

**edited to add: In the example I saw, they used brown craft wrapping paper. These were just the brown shirt boxes from Target. No wrapping required. :)

5 comments:

Rita's Recipes said...

Great idea. I may Pinterest it so that I don't forget. I did this as a child and colored in the design. What kind of paper is that? It looks ribbed. Love homemade wrapping paper so much better than store paper.
I have a cold too, so I sympathize.

Charissa said...

Nice! Love that you drew it right on the box. So simple!

acasarella said...

Hi Jamie,
I am curating a collection of Sharpie projects for Looksisquare(dot)com. I don't know if you're familiar with Looksi but it's a lot like CraftGawker: they display a thumbnail image from your blog along with a short description and a link. Typically you would submit your own images (like you do on CraftGawker) but they also have curators (like myself) who do theme based round ups. I'd like to include this project if you're okay with that. Just let me know!
Thanks!!
Elena
acasarella.net

Caitlin @ Desert Domicile said...

This is such a great idea! Love how simple and creative it is :)

Unknown said...

Hi my name is Margaret and I’m a writer at “MiniOwls blog”. I just wanted to let you know that I love your blog and many of yours ideas but this one is one of my favorites. I loved it so much that I decided to feature it in one of my posts. To see it simply follow this link:
http://www.miniowls.com/1/post/2015/11/17-easy-gift-wrapping-ideas-that-will-wow-everyone.html